DNA is a leading design and digital consultancy defining and creating desirable human-centred experiences to help businesses and government propel Aotearoa forward.
We are looking for an Experience Design Director to help lead the research, strategy and design of digital experience workstreams alongside an experienced multidisciplinary team and some of the best clients in the country.
A successful Experience Design Director at DNA is an innovative designer, a decisive project owner, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled client partner all rolled into one. You will push the work through strong collaboration and challenge the team to think beyond the expected.
We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds who have experience in some or all of the areas outlined in this job description. However, you must have had actual experience working in business or with clients.
- Lead projects and work across a range of private and public sector clients.
- Be able to plan, design, execute and coordinate research and digital experience design activities across programmes of work.
- Lead and participate in the design of complex, transformative experiences in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of Experience Designers, UX Designers, Project Managers and Developers.
- Work closely with clients to understand the opportunities, shape programmes of work, generate solutions and deliver positive, high-quality outcomes.
- Contribute to the growth of team members and the development of the practice.
- Partner with others to develop, enhance and grow our diverse portfolio of clients.
- Participate and support a vibrant, creative and purposeful team culture.
We will provide you.
- An established, close, team of supportive colleagues where everyone mucks in to do great work.
- A team where creativity, innovation and collaboration are fostered.
- Interesting, important and varied work across a diverse group of clients where the focus is firmly on the quality of thinking to drive solid outcomes for our clients and their customers.
- An open, creative and energetic working environment, where you can help shape, build and enhance the teams’ culture and way of working.
- Flexible working weeks and hours.
We are looking for.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in ethnographic research, service design, designing digital experiences and/or building products.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating your human-centred design and client leadership capabilities across a diverse range of projects.
- Experience working within time-constrained projects.
- Positive, curious, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude – and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality work.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and adaptability and willingness to work and play well with others.
- A good understanding of general business practices and how to navigate the needs of larger organisations.
- At DNA we are committed to providing a work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities where we work and the populations we serve.
The successful candidate will be joining some serious talent working on a rich portfolio of client projects in both the public and private sectors. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, at the top of your game or determined to get there – we are interested in hearing from you.
Applying for the role.
If this sounds like you – send us an application including your CV, references and samples of your work.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
No recruiters please.