Permanent / Auckland
DNA is a leading design and digital consultancy defining and creating desirable human-centred experiences that enable organisations to transform themselves.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our multidisciplinary team delivering research, strategy and designed experiences – helping create a strategic advantage for some of New Zealand’s leading organisations.
User Experience Design at DNA is about focusing on user needs to inform the design of insightful, human-centred solutions backed by a clear and compelling strategy.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will.
- Work with design research and experience design teams to supply prototypes and inform user testing frameworks.
- Help define the experience strategy for complex websites, digital platforms and applications.
- Consider the overall goals and context of an organisation in order to drive meaningful improvements.
- Work collaboratively with client teams and subject matter experts.
- Apply UX best practice to generate useful, usable and beautiful experiences.
- Apply your knowledge of user interaction principles to produce experiences that match or exceed our user’s expectations.
- Work from high-level exploratory concepts to detailed design ready for delivery.
What we will provide you.
- An established team of supportive designers, researchers and colleagues. We’re a ‘flat’ team, and everyone is here to muck in and do great work. We foster and encourage innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Interesting and varied work across a diverse group of clients where the focus is firmly on the quality of thinking to drive solid outcomes for our clients and their customers.
- Flexible working hours
- An open, creative and energetic working environment, where you can help shape, build and enhance the team's culture and way of working.
You will need.
We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds who have experience in some or all of the areas outlined in this job description – however, you must have had actual experience working in business or with clients.
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in UX and/or UI design
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centred design capabilities across a diverse range of projects
- Experience working within time-constrained projects and project budgets
- Expertise or experience in turning ideas and concepts into ready to implement designs
- A strong understanding of components libraries and design systems
- Positive, curious, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude – and an intrinsic motivation to deliver the highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and adaptability and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- A good understanding of general business practices, and how to navigate the needs of larger organisations.
At DNA, we are committed to providing a work environment that reflects the diversity of the communities we work in and the populations we serve.
Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or ability, we firmly believe that our work is open, inclusive and that we are at our best when everyone feels free to contribute and be their best.
The successful candidate will be joining some serious talent working on a diverse portfolio of client projects in both the public and private sectors. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, at the top of your game or determined to get there – we are interested in hearing from you.
If this sounds like you – send us your CV and portfolio.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
No recruiters please.